Monday, October 25, 2010

Momma Monday

Lately I've been getting headaches and acne like I'm back in high school. I realized this morning that I'm stressed. All I think about is if Sophie is eating enough and how to manage her naps, when to plan them and if she will sleep through the night. While I obsess over that, I clean, cook, do the laundry, and get frustrated with myself if I feel like I'm not serving my husband well.

Enough is enough!

From now on, every Monday will be a post about how I am winning as a Momma. Motherhood should be about small victories, not huge defeats. I got this idea from my bffc(best friend from college). It's brilliant. It's not about being arrogant or bragging. I think it's ok for me to feel like the world's best mom for a few seconds.

Victory numero uno:
Sophie is getting on a sleeping schedule. I love Baby Wise and have followed it with Sophie. She has slept through the night for a while now, but to have her down for naps every day has helped so much. She still fights it, but when she gives in, I feel pretty rad.

Number two (I don't know much Spanish):
Sophie smiles more than she cries. She's happy and that's what I need to remember when I feel like giving up!

Number three:
This isn't a victory, but it's definitely a good thing. I'm married to a man that is perfect for me. He reminds me of my victories, he helps me relax, and he loves his baby girl to smithereens. He snuggles and plays with her so I can bake and do laundry. I even got to go out to a movie this weekend with some girls. How lucky am I? We even spent some time at the pumpkin patch this weekend.


I never realized how much I would learn about myself after becoming a mom. I'm a loon at times, but now I can spend Mondays celebrating how awesome life as a momma is.
xoxo

1 comment:

  1. LOVE this post!! I have learned that us mamas judge ourselves SO much and are so critical. I think I am going to keep in mind something someone told me this weekend. We were visiting Mark's grandparents and saw his great aunt who told me I was a great mom. I wanted to LAUGH at this comment because Gavin is becoming a 2 year old and was being a bit fussy during our visit I told her that, "I try" and she told me THAT is what makes a good mom, that you try. Obviously you are trying really well so you are an AMAZING mommy!

    Kristy

    ReplyDelete