Thursday, February 3, 2011

Change of plans

I said I was going to do a post on how I use vintage items in our home (tiny apartment), but I accidentally deleted all of the photos while I was editing them. So, someday in the future.

For now, let me try and humor you with a little story of one of my days last week.

We live in an apartment right now and it's on the first floor with an outside door. When we park, we are about 20 feet from the front door. It's very convenient, but also a little obnoxious to have a parking lot in your living room (well, almost in the living room).

We had gotten back from a trip the night before, so the bambino and I had just made a big grocery store trip. She had passed out in the Jeep on the way home. We parked, and I pondered, "take her in, she wakes up, I get distracted, milk gets yucky and ice cream melts." So, I left her in the back seat with the trunk hatch open (it was 70 degrees out) while I ran back and forth with the groceries, never leaving her out of my site. Then I grabbed her, she napped and everyone was happy.

BUT

Right after I got her inside, the cops pulled up. They sat outside my window for a while. The whole time I am thinking, "Now way, someone called CPS. No way." Luckily for me, there was some other hooligan that they were visiting, but jeeeeze! Talk about nerve racking!!

Would you have called CPS on me? Nah!

xoxo.

1 comment: