Friday, February 11, 2011

Valentine Garland

This is our Valentine's every day garland. I made it last year when we were still in Colorado. It survived the move to Arkansas and will make the trek back to Boulder in a few months. It was supposed to be for just February, but I like it and it stays up all year.


I found this idea on my favorite blog. I cut out some hearts, zig-zag stitched them right onto some yarn, and stuck it in the wall with some thumbtacks. I love how flopping and imperfect it is. It makes our room cozy and special.

I have some Love Day crafts brewing in my head for my man, but I'm sure they won't be started until Monday morning. He always says "the best gift you can give me is to not spend any money." He's pretty happy with a handmade card. Easy to please!


xoxo.

2 comments:

  1. Ooooh I like love day crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is so cute! between yours and kim's above-the-bed decorating, i'm inspired to do something with the empty space above our bed!

    ReplyDelete